Netgear provides the best router in the market for all your internet needs. But, some users have complained that they are having trouble with this router. Netgear A6210 not detected is the most common issue that users complain about.
So, if you are one of them, who are currently facing such an issue, then this article is for you.
For the elimination of this problem, we have discussed some fixes that you can carry out. For a better understanding of the issue, you can have a look at the causes behind the issue.
Reasons why you Face Such a Problem of Netgear A6210 Not Detected
Before you proceed to the solution section, understand the apparent causes of the issue. Moreover, there can be many reasons for its occurrence.
- If the router has faulty equipment, then you can encounter this problem.
- In case, the router drivers are backdated or corrupt, then also it can generate this issue.
- If you are using incorrect channel settings of the router, then the problem can persist.
- Also, the network configuration and setup can also disconnect the Netgear router.
After going through the reasons, you can use the fixes for troubleshooting the problem.
Exceptional Ways to Fix Netgear A6210 Not Detected Efficiently
There are many ways that you can perform to fix the issue and all of them are discussed here.
Way 1: Check for the Faulty Equipment
Here, you need to make sure that everything is working fine. You can try out the other USB ports for router connection. For your knowledge, 5 GHz band router works perfectly with USB 3.0 and 2.4GHz works for USB 2.0.
After using different USB ports, if the router connects then the problem can be in the system. So, to fix the system connection issue, you can follow the next context.
Way 2: Change the Power Settings
There can be many Power Settings that can popup the connection failure message of the router. Some of which include USB power reduction while others can be Wireless adapters. These settings help to preserve battery life.
These power-related settings can be enabled by default. But here, you can disable it easily. By doing this, if the issue is still there, then carry out the next fix.
Way 3: Disable the USB Selective Suspend Feature
In this way, you can disable the USB selective suspend feature to get rid of the detection issue. The procedure that you can use is as follows.
- At first, right-click on the Battery icon in the Notification area and open the Power settings.
- After that, click on the “Change Plan Settings” option and open it.
- Now, choose the “Change Advanced Power Settings” option.
- In the next step, select the “USB Settings” option and disable the “USB selective suspend settings” option. You need to do this for both the “On battery” and “Plugged In” sections.
- Finally, you can save the changes by clicking on the Save button at the bottom.
After performing this process, you can try to check if the system detects the Netgear router or not. You can move to the next fix if the issue still persists.
Way 4: Disable the USB Root Hub Power Preserving Option
Another option that can stall the Netgear router detection is the “USB root hub power preserving”. So, disable this option through the following procedure.
- In the first step, right-click on the Start icon and choose the Device Manager option from the popup list.
- After that, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
- Here, right-click on the USB root hub and then choose the Properties option.
- In the Properties window, click on the Power Management tab.
- Now, uncheck the box beside “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option.
- After that, confirm the changes. Also, you need to perform the same process for each USB hub.
After doing all this, you can restart the system. Once the system reboots, try to connect your Netgear router to the system.
Way 5: Change the Channel Settings
Users often question the choice of channel selection of the router. For the best internet connection, you have to choose the right channel. So, get a hold of the steps for finding the channel settings.
- In the Start menu’s search bar, type “control”. Then, choose the Control Panel option from the results.
- Inside the Control Panel, open the Network and Internet section.
- Here, choose the Network and Sharing Center.
- After that, click on the “Change Adapter Settings” option.
- Right-click on the Netgear Adapter and then select the Properties option.
- After that, click on the Configure button.
- Under the Advanced tab, scroll down to view the WZC IBSS Number Channel.
- Now, from the top-right menu, choose the channels 1, 6, or 11.
- At last, save the changes.
Hopefully, by this you will succeed in fixing the issue on your own. If not, then proceed to the other resolution below.
Way 6: Download the Latest Netgear Router Driver
You can update the Netgear router driver by downloading its latest version. Now, you can carry out the steps that we have listed below.
- From the official Netgear website, download and save the router driver.
- Now, open the Device Manager as you have done in the previous methods.
- As the Device Manager opens, locate and right-click on the Netgear router adapter.
- From the menu, choose the Update Driver option.
- Select the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
- In the next step, choose “Let me pick from a list of devices drivers on my computer” option.
- After that, click on the “I have disk” option.
- Now, locate and choose the driver and then click on the OK button.
Wait for the process to finish and then check if your system detects the Netgear router or not. You can also try out the last fix below.
Way 7: Disable the WLAN Adapter Suspend
Finally, you can disable the WLAN adapter suspend option to fix the issue. Now, the steps to carry out are as follows:
- Open the Device Manager again and then expand the Network Adapter section.
- Now, right-click on the Netgear Adapter and then choose the Properties option.
- Here, uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power” option. This option will be under the Power Management tab.
- Next, under the Advanced tab, find and disable the Selective Suspend option.
- Confirm the new changes and then check for the problem.
Hopefully, now you will be able to fix the issue by yourself.
So, here we go with all the troubleshooting methods that you can use for effective resolution. We also recommend you to perform all the methods to get rid of the problem of Netgear A6210 not detected. Through these fixes, you will not encounter the issue further.