Updating a router’s firmware is very important for the device for it to operate efficiently. This helps to make the processor more efficient and offer enhanced performance as well. Thus, we have provided the complete guide on how to update Belkin router firmware below.
Easy Steps to Update Belkin Router Firmware
Here we have provided detailed steps for the Belkin router firmware update. Make sure that you follow each of these steps carefully.
- First, open a browser and go to a new tab. Head over to the Belkin’s support page and download the latest firmware for your router make and model.
- Subsequently, close the tab and open a new one.
- Next, enter ‘192.168.2.1’ in the address navigation bar and press enter. Here, the Belkin router login page will open asking for your login credentials.
- Next, enter the necessary login credentials under username and password. If you haven’t changed the username or password previously, then you have to enter the default login info which you can find in your user guide. Ordinarily, the default username and password are both ‘admin’.
- Next, head over to the “Utilities” section and select the “Firmware Update” option.
- Here, you have to browse the directory where you have downloaded the latest update and then select it.
- Open the particular update and then click on the Install option.
- Wait for a few minutes while the firmware is updating. Finally, your router will perform a reboot when it is successfully updated.
To summarize, the above steps should easily help you to perform a Belkin router firmware update with no issues. Generally, routers do not come with an auto-update feature. Therefore, you have to manually update the firmware for all types of router.