The Belkin N150 wireless router is one of the most popular routers that offer amazing features and outstanding performance. Thus, you must be wondering how to setup Belkin wireless router on your system.
Belkin router allows all the PC and devices in your home to share the high-speed network connection. Thus, we have provided the complete guide to setup your Belkin wireless router in the following section.
Simple Guide to Setup Belkin Wireless Router
Go through the following methods to know how to set up the Belkin n150 wireless router. Here, we have provided two different ways to set up any model of the Belkin router. You can follow any one of them according to your own needs.
Method 1: Using the Belkin Setup Disk
When you purchased the Belkin wireless router, you get a manual and a setup disk in the box. Therefore, you can use this disk to set up your router. Follow the steps below to start the setup process.
- First, connect the modem or the Internet cable into the Belkin router. Make sure that the ethernet cable is connected to an open Ethernet port. Now, plug in the router to the power supply and turn it on.
- Next, insert the setup disk in the CD tray. Double-click on the CD icon from the ‘My Computer’ directory.
- Thereafter, click on the “Run the Easy Install Wizard” option and then follow the on-screen information to set up the internet connection. After that, you need to create a username and password for your network.
- Finally, click on the Finish button and exit from that window. Take out the disk after the setup is completed and restart the system.
Method 2: Using Manual Setup
If you face any problem or you lose the setup disk, then you can set up the router manually. To do this, you need an existing internet connection. Thus, ensure that you connect to a stable internet connection before following the steps below.
- At first, connect the router with an ethernet cable and then switch on the power supply. Then, you need to connect the computer directly to the Belkin router with an ethernet cable.
- After that, launch a web browser and enter the default IP address which is written on the router’s box or retailer gave you at the time you purchased it. Now, hit the Enter button to visit the official page of the Belkin router in order to Belkin wireless router setup.
- Now, you directly move to the login page. Enter the username and password which is default password, but you can change it later. Click on the login option to enter into the router.
- Thereafter, click on the Connection type which is available under the Internet WAN section. Next, you need to select the internet connection type of the list that will appear. After selecting the proper option, click on the Next button.
- Lastly, enter the network details provided by the ISP. After that, click on the Apply Changes option. Now, check the status of the Internet Connection under the Connected section.
In summary, the above methods should help you to set up the Belkin wireless router successfully. Posting in the official forums should help you to get assistance from technical professionals.