For fulfilling all your networking needs, Netgear is one of the best routers look for. Netgear is capable of providing all types of routers. It doesn’t matter if you are working in an office or being at home, Netgear has a router for you.
Unfortunately, Netgear routers are also susceptible to various kinds of errors. If you are using this router brand for quite some time, you can come across Netgear error 1605. So, if you are facing a similar problem, then proceed with this guide. Here, we will discuss the error code 1605 and a few remedies to remove it.
You can stick to this article till the end to know the causes that can lead to such an issue in the Netgear router. Hence, let’s proceed with the underlying reasons before checking the solutions to fix error code 1605.
Technical Reasons That Leads To The Netgear Error 1605
For resolving this router issue, try to have some knowledge about the causes of this error code. This practice makes the troubleshooting process much easier. Now, take a look at the points listed down that can trigger error 1605 in Netgear router.
- Misconfiguration of the Netgear router settings is a common cause of the issue.
- If the network drivers are corrupted or outdated, then also the error can appear.
- Any problem with the Netgear router’s firmware can show up this error code.
- Issues with the TCP/IP and the Dial-UP connections can lead to this Netgear router error.
- Multiple incorrect sign-in attempts can also be responsible for causing this error.
So, these are some of the most common reasons for triggering the Netgear error code. Now, let’s try some of the hacks as discussed below to troubleshoot this router problem.
Top 6 Methods To Resolve The Netgear Genie Error 1605
In this section, we will mention some of the most practical methods to fix this Netgear router issue. So, you can try the methods and pick the best solution to fix error 1605.
Method 1: Restart the Netgear Router
In this method, you can simply reboot the Netgear router. Doing this will remove many issues including this Netgear Genie error. Restarting the Netgear router can also help to cool down its components. So, the process to perform this method is as follows.
- To begin the restart process, open a web browser on your system and access the Netgear router page.
- For this, type “http://www.routerlogin.com” or “http://www.routerlogin.com” in the address bar. Then hit the Enter key to open the Netgear web interface.
- On the next page, enter your login credentials and then proceed with the Netgear router’s home page. As the new page appears, click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Now, navigate to the “Router Information” tab and then tap on the “Reboot” option. Wait for about five minutes and let the rebooting process to complete.
As the router reboots, you can check if the issue is still there or not. In case, the Netgear error code 1605 still troubles you, follow the next method instead.
Method 2: Reset the Netgear Router
If there are incorrect settings on the Netgear router, the error code can be displayed on your screen. So, the best way to deal with this issue is to reset the Netgear router to its default settings. You can carry out the process by considering the steps below.
To begin the process, first, locate the Reset button on your Netgear router. It will be present at the back of the router in most device models.
After locating the Reset button, take a pointed object like a pen or paper clip. Then insert it into the Reset hole. Gently press and hold this tab for about 10 to 15 seconds. Now, the Power LED or light indicator will begin to blink.
Release the Reset button and let the router to turn on. Now, the Netgear router will be restored to the factory settings. From here, you can set up the Netgear router through the normal procedure. To set up the router, you need to follow the next method.
Method 3: Set up the Netgear Router
After resetting the Netgear router, set up the device to check the issue and troubleshoot error 1605. So, the steps that you can follow are discussed below.
- In the first step, power off the modem and your Netgear router. Use an Ethernet cable and connect both the modem and router to it.
- Take another Ethernet cable and connect one end to the computer. The other end must be connected to the Netgear router.
- Now, power on your modem and then wait for all the lights to become steady. After that, turn on the router and wait for all the lights to become solid green.
- Launch any reliable web browser on your computer. Here, type “www.routerlogin.com”, “www.routerlogin.net”, or “http://192.168.1.1” in the address box. Then press the Enter key.
- If none of the above URLs works, then refer to the correct URL corresponding to the Netgear router. Enter the default login credentials to access the web interface. Then proceed to the Netgear router’s home page.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab and choose the “Setup Wizard” option. In the next step, click on the “Yes” button to detect the Internet connection.
- Now, click on the Next button and select the “Take me to the internet” option. This is done to verify if the Internet connection is working or not.
After performing all the above steps, check if the Netgear error 1605 persists. If the problem continues, avail the next method to troubleshoot this router issue.
Method 4: Update the Netgear Router Firmware
Here, you can update the Netgear router firmware to fix the error code. Most of the users have tried this hack and were successful in resolving the issue. So, you can consider these steps and apply them.
Open the Netgear router’s home page. Once the web interface opens, choose the “Advanced” option. Then proceed to the Administration or the Settings section.
Here, you will get an option of “Firmware Update” or “Router Update”, so click on it. Now, click on the “Check” option and allow the router to search for available firmware updates.
If there are new firmware updates for Netgear router, click on the “Yes” button. The router will automatically get its firmware updated.
As the process completes, you can check the status for this router error. If the Netgear router error code bothers you again, carry out the next solution.
Method 5: Reset the TCP/IP and the Dial-Up Connection
In this solution, you can reset both the TCP/IP and Dial-Up connection to resolve the error. To do so, apply the steps discussed here.
- Before you begin the process, make sure that you have Administrative rights to access Netgear router settings. Open the Command Prompt window from the Start menu.
- Now type “netsh int ip reset reset.log” and then hit the Enter key. Reboot your system to apply the changes.
- For Dial-Up connection, you can simply right-click on the feature. After that, choose the “Create a copy” option. Delete the existing connection, which was generating error code 1605.
After doing this, check if the Netgear router still displays the error code or not. If it does, then we have another method in store for you.
Method 6: Update the Network Adapter Drivers
The last thing you can do is to update the network adapter drivers. This hack has proved to resolve many router issues including error 1605 in the Netgear router. Hence, follow the procedure given below to try this fix.
Open the Run dialog box using the Windows logo key and the R key. Type “devmgmt.msc” and then click on the OK button.
As you are inside the Device Manager window, search and expand the “Network Adapter” option. Here, you will get the Network driver installed on your system.
If there are multiple network drivers, select them one by one. Now, right-click on every network driver individually and choose the “Update Driver” option.
On the next window, select the “Search automatically for updated driver” option. Wait for the process to complete and then restart the router. Once you do this, check if you are still seeing the Netgear error code.
These are some of the best troubleshooting methods to fix the Netgear error 1605. Try to follow all the steps for resolving the error code effectively. You will also not face this issue after performing the fixes discussed above. We hope, with the help of this article, you will be able to get rid of this error code by yourself.