Like any other networking device, Belkin routers have the tendency to drop the connection and generate various issues. If your Belkin router suddenly disconnects from the Internet, there are a few simple ways that can solve this issue.
This router issue may occur due to some unusual reasons including an outdated router’s firmware. But, it has not been confirmed yet. There are several models of Belkin router that are refusing to connect with the Internet.
Whatever it may be the reason, here, we are going to present some simple tips, which can help you to connect the Belkin router. So, have a look at the guide discussed below if you can’t connect to Belkin router.
Simple Ways to Connect the Belkin Router to the Internet
Follow the steps provided below to connect Belkin router on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.:
Windows users need to follow the steps stated below if they can’t connect to Belkin router IP:
- First and foremost, bring up the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Network and Internet’ category. Afterward, go to the ‘Network & Sharing’ section.
- Next, you should click on the connection name that you want to edit. Tap on the Properties.
- Choose the ‘Internet Protocol version4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on the Properties option.
- Tap on the Radio button and use the DNS server address given below:
- Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168.
- Tap on the OK button and close the Control Panel window.
Your computer is now configured to connect with the Belkin router IP.
For Mac OS X:
Users of the macOS need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, go to the ‘System Preferences’ section.
- Then, tap on the Network option. Select the network card from the left pane of the screen.
- Afterward, tap on the Advanced button. You will see this at the bottom right pane of the window.
- Now, go to the DNS tab and add the DNS entries into the list.
Note: Don’t forget to add the ‘22.214.171.124’ and ‘126.96.36.199’ entries in the list.
If you are using an iOS device, then you should perform the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, you need to enable the Wi-Fi on the device.
- Tap on the blue arrow button located on the right side of the Network Name.
- Afterward, choose the DNS field and enter the entries ‘188.8.131.52’ and ‘184.108.40.206.’
Android users should follow the below steps to connect to the Internet:
- First, open the Settings icon and turn the Wi-Fi on.
- Tap on the ‘Current network’ option and then click on the ‘Modify Network’ option.
- Now, tick the box that prompts ‘Show advanced options’
- Change the ‘IP Settings’ to the ‘Static’ option.
- Add the DNS servers by entering ‘220.127.116.11’ to the ‘DNS 1’ and ‘18.104.22.168’ to the ‘DNS 2’ field.
- Tap on the Save button to apply the changes.
In the above discussion, we have provided some simple tricks to connect to the Belkin router in minutes. Here, it has covered all the steps for the Windows OS, macOS, iOS, and Android device users who can’t connect to Belkin router.
All the steps are foolproof and simple to perform. If you have any queries or doubts regarding this connection, then post your comment in the box given at the end of this article.