TP-Link modem router error 020 is a common problem on the TP-Link router. Generally, it occurs due to incorrect network parameters which are generally given by the ISP.
Sometimes, you may encounter this error code 020 when you entered a wrong password while trying to login to your account. In addition, if you do not update the router on a regular basis, then it is possible that the error code occurs due to this.
Effective Methods to Fix TP-Link Modem Router Error 020
Most of us had encountered the TP-Link modem router error 020 while setting up the router. However, you can easily fix it by going through the following methods.
Method 1: Check Network Parameters
The first and foremost thing you should do is to check your network parameters. Therefore, you have to confirm that you’re entering the correct information in the required fields. You need to know the following regarding your network connection.
- Virtual Path Identifier (VPI)
- Virtual Channel Identifier (VCI)
- Encapsulation Mode
- Connection Type
- Username and Password
Entering any of the above information incorrectly will cause the Router Error 020. Thus, you need to contact your ISP, reset your router and enter the correct details.
Method 2: Deactivate the IPv6 Settings
Sometimes, TP-Link router error 020 occurs if the router has the IPv6 settings in it. Usually, this hampers the function of the TP-Link router. Therefore, you have to deactivate it by following the instructions below.
- First, login to your router and open the Settings option. Thereafter, move to the Connectivity section and find the Internet Settings option.
- Now, locate the option to turn off the IPv6 settings. To do this, click on the checkbox beside it to disable it.
- Lastly, click OK to apply the changes. After that, try to open the router and check whether you are getting the same error code or not.
Method 3: Reset the Password
If you are frequently facing the same error code, then you need to reset the password of your router. Hence, you can try to eliminate the error code by following the steps below.
- First, launch a web browser and then enter the IP address of the TP-Link router. Move to the page and select the Change Password option from the left-hand panel of the screen.
- In the next page, you need to enter the previous password and then create a password. To confirm the password, you need to enter the new password again.
- After successfully changing the password, try to login with the new password and check whether the router is working like before or not.
If you do not remember your password, then you have to reset your router. All routers have a small reset button located on its back. The location differs from model to model. Thereafter, use a small pin or equally thin object to press and hold the button for about 10 seconds,
After this, you have to log in to your router using the default login credentials. You can find this info on your router’s user guide. You can also search it up on the internet by entering your model number.
At last, you should be able to easily resolve TP-Link modem router error 020 by simply following one of the above methods. In case you’re still facing issues, then you should get in touch with a professional technician to combat this problem.