Readyshare is one of the best features of the Netgear router that helps the users to connect the external hard driver seamlessly with the device. Despite having a multi-functional feature, it has some occasional flaws like every router gadgets.
Netgear Readyshare not working is one of the most common issues faced by several users throughout the globe. This is a complicated and annoying error that can appear due to a bad network connection.
Sometimes, you can also face this error due to outdated firmware of the router. If you using an older version of the Windows Operating Version, it can also lead to this error.
Hence, if you are a Netgear user and stuck with the same issue, you can go through the entire article. In this guide, you will know some of the effective hacks to troubleshoot this particular Readyshare issue in minutes.
Easy Tricks to Fix the ‘Netgear Router is Not Working’ Issue
There are different ways to solve the Netgear Readyshare not working issue in a smooth and easy manner. Let’s take a glance at the fixes explained below:
Fix 1: Check the Internet Connection
Before trying any complicated solution, you need to check if the Internet connection is properly set or not. This problem might occur due to the bad network gateway or connection issue.
Hence, you can disconnect the Internet option and then reconnect it. Thereafter, check if the issue still persists or not.
Fix 2: Reset the Router
Another simple solution you can perform is to reset your Netgear router. To reset the router, follow the steps stated below:
- First and foremost, you have to turn the router off. To do this, press the Power button of the Netgear router and hold it for a few seconds.
- Now, wait for about 3 to 5 minutes and turn the router on by pressing and holding the Power button.
Fix 3: Upgrade the Firmware of the Netgear Router
Sometimes, you may encounter the ‘Netgear Readyshare USB not working’ issue due to the outdated version of your router’s firmware. Thus, you can easily solve this issue by upgrading the firmware.
How to Update the Firmware of the Router?
In the beginning, open the default web browser on your computer. Then, visit the official website of the Netgear router. Next, go to the search field of the webpage. Type the model number of your Netgear router that you want to get the newest firmware version for.
Once you get the latest router’s firmware, tap on the ‘Download Now’ button to start the downloading process.
Afterward, you need to open another tab of the browser. Go to the address bar and type the IP address of the router. Press the Enter key to go to your desired webpage.
Once, it opens the login page of the Netgear router, you have to enter the login credentials of the router and tap on the Next button. It will take you to the Confirmation page.
From the next window, you need to navigate to the Administration category. You will locate this at the left pane of the screen.
Now, go to the Advanced tab. Afterward, tap on the ‘Firmware Update’ option. Now, click on the ‘Choose File’ option. Then, tap on the ‘Download’ option.
Once you complete the downloading process, you have to install it by following the on-screen instruction. After that, check if the Netgear Readyshare feature is working. Else, you have to disable the SMBv1 to get rid of this problem.
Fix 4: Deactivate the SMBv1 Using Windows Registry
You can also solve this issue by disabling the Server Message Block version 1. To do this, you can perform the steps mentioned below:
- In the beginning, invoke the Run window by pressing the R and Win key simultaneously.
- Thereafter, you have to enter “regedit.msc” in the Command box and tap on the OK button to proceed further.
- It will navigate you to the Registry Editor window. Now, navigate to the path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LamanServer\Parameters.”
- Look at the right pane of the screen and search for the SMB1 key. Click twice on it. Now, navigate to the ‘Label Value’ window. Then, you have to set the value from 1 to 0 to disable this.
- Afterward, close the window and reboot the system to apply the changes.
Additional Method: Update the OS
This is an additional solution to solve the ‘Netgear Readyshare not working’ issue.
If all the above procedures failed to get back the Netgear Readyshare in the working state, you can upgrade the Operating System to troubleshoot this problem.
How to Update the Operating System?
- First of all, go to the Settings app. Press the I and Windows button both at the same time to open it.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ category. Go to the left pane of the window and select the Update tab.
- Click on the ‘Check for Updates’ option to search for the available updates.
- If yes, tap on the ‘Update Now’ button. Once the updating process completes, the system will restart itself.
After doing this, you can check if the issue has been fixed.
Now, it is time to wrap up this short discussion on fixing the Netgear Readyshare problem. Hopefully, you have been active on the receiving end and have a comprehensive idea of the solutions that can prove beneficial. To read more related topics on the Netgear router, you can stay tuned to our posts.