Netgear genie not working, is one of the most common issues faced by Netgear users. This issue generally occurs due to a glitch present in the router itself. Thus, you may see this error if you are using a broken router. Other causes of this error include misconfigured internet settings and an outdated firmware.
Additionally, it is important to note that if your Netgear Genie app is not working, it is simply due to the fact that it has been discontinued. Therefore, you have to install the Nighthawk app to control and modify settings on your Netgear router.
Effective Methods to Troubleshoot Netgear Genie Not Working
Here, we have provided some excellent methods which you can use to fix this error message on your own. Therefore, simply follow the instructions listed below to resolve this issue.
Method 1: Test the Internet Setting
The first thing you should do is test your internet settings. Thus, you can do this by following the steps listed below.
- First of all, restart both your computer and router.
- Next, make sure that the modem, computer and ethernet cable are working fine.
- Thereafter, if your internet is not working, then you need to contact your Internet Service Provider. When your internet is back online, check if it fixes this error or not.
Method 2: Reset Your Router
An effective way to fix this issue is by resetting the router. Therefore, follow the steps given below to do so.
- Navigate to a web browser and type the IP address of the router to access its login page.
- Next, enter your login credentials to modify the settings.
- Head over to Maintenance and you should see an option to reset all its settings. Simply click on it.
- After that, the router will automatically reboot. Now, you have to set up your router once again by entering the necessary Internet settings.
- Once you are done with the steps, check if the issue still persists or not.
Alternatively, you can reset your Netgear router by pressing the Reset button. Generally, it is located on the backside of the router. If you are unsure, you can go through its user guide or search it online. Thereafter, you have to press the button with a thin object like a needle or a pin. Press and hold for 10 seconds after which the router will be automatically reset.
Method 3: Update Netgear Router Firmware
As stated earlier, the Netgear Genie may not be working due to outdated firmware. Therefore, you have to make sure that it is updated by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to open a web browser and enter the router’s default login IP. Usually, it is either www.routerlogin.net Or 192.168.0.1.
- After that, log in to the router’s page by entering the login credentials.
- Next, head over to Advanced and then go to Administration. If you cannot see Advanced, then you can find Administration under Settings. It differs from model to model.
- Here, select Router Firmware Update and click on Check.
- Now, the router will automatically search for the latest firmware and update it accordingly.
Hopefully, the methods mentioned above should help you your Netgear Genie to start working again. However, you may require technical support if you are unable to fix this problem by yourself.